Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Healthy Chili Lime Tuna Patties



Tonight for dinner I was trying to find a yummy way to use all of the canned tuna in my pantry with the ingredients in my fridge and this recipe was the result. I was really pleased with the taste and it was a bonus that it was so healthy. I hope you like it!

Ingredients

3 cans tuna (drained)
3 eggs
3-4 T. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
½ red onion diced
½ bunch cilantro chopped
3 tsp. chili lime seasoning (I use The Gourmet Collection brand)

Directions

Mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Heat a grilling or sauté pan to medium heat with your preferred cooking oil (I use canola). Pack tuna balls and drop them onto the pan and flatten slightly into pattie shape. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Serve with lettuce in place of buns for a great low-carb option.

Note: These take 15 minutes to make and are cheap, healthy, and easy! Cilantro can easily be substituted for spinach if you prefer. Yields 18 small patties. I serve 3 patties per plate for 6 people. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment